Success Stories
Community Forums
Find A Grave Store

Advertisement
Jim Ottmer (#47123490)
 member for 8 years, 3 months, 1 day
[Add to MyFriends]
Bio and Links
Bio Photo I have been researching the Camp families for over 40 years as a request from my grandparents, Otis and Litha Camp, who raised me from an infant. I have visited many states and even been to Europe to get information. My wife is probably tired of me using our vacation time and money to visit Camp locations and cemeteries. I do this to keep the Camp memories alive and help us to remember them.

I had gotten started with Find-A-Grave a bit late; consequently, many Camp memorials had been already created. To all you wonderful people who created memorials and have graciously transferred them to me, I THANK YOU!! I will take good care of my ancestors and Camp relatives.

To all you wonderful photographers who have taken headstone photos, THANK YOU!! It all helps to honor our families!

To those of you who have asked, I do NOT have my genealogy on Ancestry.com. I keep it in a database in my computer where I have complete control over it. HOWEVER, I am willing to help fellow Camp researchers with any questions about the Camp families.

In my spare time I publish genealogy books for others as well as for myself. I have published several books on the Camps of New England. I have finished my book on the Camp Families from Edward Camp; all copies have been sold so we are adding more recent information and creating a second printing. A DVD version will be available soon as well. Contact me if interested.

After 6 years of cancer remission, the cancer returned in 2013.
or
Leave Public Message
Contributions to
Find A Grave
 • 1,394 Memorials Added
 • 2,269 Memorials Managed
 • 3 Memorials/Week
 • 789 Photos
 • 97 Photo Requests
 • 24 Volunteer Photos Taken
 • 1 Virtual Flower
 • 1 Virtual Cemetery
 • 2 Fame Ratings
 • 22 Friends
Search Contributor's Records

First NameLast Name

Virtual Cemeteries
Funny Headstones (7)
Find A Grave Friends
Barb Destromp, Bonny Billups r..., C Greer, Catherine Cl..., Donna Bellanger..., Duane Camp, Eric McGuire, Erik Andersen, Fern Bray, Flutterby, Frances Slater, Gary Boughton, JHL, Jim Fenn-Lawso..., Joie Finley Mor..., karen kelly, Kate Welch Denn..., pcamp, Robert Babb, Sharon Texeira ..., [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
Messages left for Jim Ottmer (134)[Leave Message]
Oak Hill Historian
RE: Marion S. Camp
I have removed the photo as you requested. You may want to contact the individual who created the entry and requested the photo to have the memorial amended to include the correct burial location.
Added by Oak Hill Historian on Jul 18, 2017 7:31 PM
janet donner
RE: elizabeth camp 46121243
They have allowed obits a long time but not in the picture section is what Im talking about.
Its called the picture section for pictures Im sorry but it looks tacky and if you cant take the time to type it out so that it goes in the bio section?? what can I say?
Janet
Added by janet donner on Jul 10, 2017 9:31 AM
janet donner
elizabeth camp 46121243
You have an obit in the picture section of this site which Find A Grave says not to do. I have printed out the obit and would be glad to type it out if you get the person to take down the obit in the picture section. I would give him credit for the obit.
Just let me know
Jant
Added by janet donner on Jul 09, 2017 9:49 AM
Diana Davis-Marshall
16562205 - Marian May Marshall-Gunster
Do you know where her last husband, John Gunster, is buried?
Added by Diana Davis-Marshall on Jun 24, 2017 9:12 PM
Jim Fenn-Lawson
RE: Clarissa Camp
You're welcome. I'll keep an eye out for Camp family members for you. JIM
Added by Jim Fenn-Lawson on Jun 11, 2017 6:32 PM
JHL
RE: Sarah G. Rhoades Camp
You're very welcome Jim. Sorry for the oversight. If you need any other photos from Milford Cemetery let me know. Jennifer
Added by JHL on Jun 11, 2017 2:06 PM
JHL
Memorial 68705354
Hello Jim, I found a location photo in my database for Sarah G. Rhoades Camp. I uploaded it but will delete it if you'd rather not have it on the memorial. Just let me know. Jennifer
Added by JHL on Jun 11, 2017 1:47 PM
JHL
RE: Memorial 68705354
Hello Jim, thank you for pointing this out. You're absolutely correct and I have deleted the photo. If you would like me to get a location photo, or group photo, of where Sarah's grave would have been just let me know. Jennifer
Added by JHL on Jun 11, 2017 10:48 AM
Bobby Kelley
RE: Abraham Avery
You're welcome! Some are so hard to read! Im glad you could read yours!
Added by Bobby Kelley on Jun 02, 2017 1:46 PM
Norm
RE: Harry S. Camp
No problem, that's why we work together.
Thanks
Added by Norm on May 28, 2017 3:44 PM
[View all messages...]

Privacy Statement and Terms of Service